- Download EndNote X6
PCs: The license & installation files must be in the same folder to allow installation without a key.
Mac: If installation file is read as document, wait till download is complete and then add .dmg extension to the file name.
- Windows 8 users please note: the download option may not work in IE browser, but will work using Firefox.
- Installation Help
EndNote is a software tool that allows you to:
- Create and organise a database of your references
- Use the references in a Word document
- Automatically format your in-text citations and create a bibliography in your chosen reference style
Who can use EndNote?
EndNote is available on all UWA computers. UWA staff and students can download the program onto their personal machines for free.
EndNote X6 now available for download
After you have downloaded EndNote X6 to your personal computer from the UWA Download website, you will need to update the programme to utilise the syncing function with EndNote Web. Updates can be accessed through EndNote's Help menu – ‘EndNote Program Updates…’. You can also visit the EndNote website to obtain the latest updates:
- X6.0.1 for Windows (Released 7 Nov 2012)
- X6.0.2 for Mac OS X (Released 25 Jan 2013)
Windows 8 users please note: the download option may not work in the IE browser, but will work using Firefox.
EndNote X6 Features
Version X6 of EndNote for Windows is available on Library computers and for download. X6 is backwards compatible with other recent versions and has some very useful new features. For example:
- Sync your EndNote library with EndNote Web (with the X6.0.1 only)
- iPad app for additional fee (syncs to EndNote Web)
- New layout options, including a one-click option to view a PDF in a full screen
- PubMed direct export format to import records in fewer steps
- Update journal abbreviations with the newly updated medical terms list covering over 13,000 journals
- Read/unread status to help manage your research tasks
- Mark your favorites with the new ratings field
- Easily email attachments from the library list and PDF Viewer
- Capitalization options when editing a references and making changes across references
- Copy fields in the Change and Move Fields utility
- CWYW Improvements
- Support to exclude author and year in footnotes
- New Mixed Case formatting support for Author names
- Support to include a space before a colon
Improvements in X6.0.1 for Windows
- Syncing with EndNote Web
Improvements in X6.0.2 for Mac
- Improved performance addressing issues with Apple Mac OS X 10.8.2 Update
- Improved update installation of Cite While You Write
- Research ID syncing
UWA EndNote community- help us help you!
Use the Questions and Comments pages to post questions or comments.
Respond to other users questions- together we all know more than any one of us does (even librarians)!